Monday, March 5, 2007

No Lantus in Muscles

I have been having hard time to sleep lately since I have sore muscles in my feet. It hurts like crazy especially during bedtimes. I thought it was because of my exercise but I just found out that it was because I have been injecting lantus on my front feet! I did this in order to get better rotation of injection site. But I just found out to never ever inject lantus in muscles and nerves. Thank God I found this out soon enough because it was really painful. So I changed my Lantus injection site back to my tummy and I can sleep better now. Speaking about sleeping better, there is another problem. I have been having a lot of hypos lately. Just now I had the lowest, 58 mg/dL!!! Man I have never been that low; my hands were really shaky I am glad I checked my blood sugar soon enough. I am not in the mood of eating lately and it could have made my blood sugar better or it was my better blood sugar that has caused me not feeling like eating. It is the classic chicken and egg time. Anyway, I will see my new doctor tomorrow; we'll see if he agrees to decrease my NovoRapid dose.

No comments: