Tuesday, November 20, 2007

New York Baby!!!

I got accepted!!! YEYYY =D I just got accepted by the Culinary Institute of America with one condition though: complete 6 months work experience in food service...so i have to work until feb at least but that's okay i love my job =P o and i got scholarship too but now i am applying for other scholarships hoping that my tuition fee will be a lot less...it is expensive but i think it will be worth it...i want to learn speaking French over there and i really hope i can do an externship in Paris hahahahhaa am i dreaming too much? i just think that food tastes better in french =P and plus since i was a kid i have always wanted to travel around the world and i really love europe...i think it's very romantic i said to my mom if i get married, i don't want a party or anything, i just want honeymoon in europe hihihiihihihi it's okay to dream big rite? anyway let's see where the wind takes me

6 comments:

Monica said...

I just read your blog and then I read this: " Tokyo wins more Michelin stars for fine dining than Paris" - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/also_in_the_news/7103255.stm

I lived in UK for 5 or so years, so I know what you meant. French food in France is da best. The competition, however, is tough. That's what my chef friend said. I haven't been to Japan though, I should try that.

If you're drama follower (like Deb), I recommend you to watch Bambino!. It's a dorama (Japanese drama), mainly about cooking and striving to become a good Italian chef in Japan. One of the best drama without drama elements in it (almost non-existant love story line!). It surely inspired me.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

DJ said...

monica, thanks a lot for your suggestion...i will definitely look for that drama =D by the way do you like living in UK?

Monica said...

Do I like living in the UK? UK is my 2nd home (1st is Semarang). I absolutely LOVE it.

The locals are very friendly, the roads and buildings are old (which I like), food was okay (not too brill i suppose, compared to french/italian), but you'll get used to it. The only complaint I have was the weather. Crappy weather, really. Apart from that, everything was perfect. I miss England so much.

Deb Koo said...

Nice job Deb! (I mean Deb = DJ of coz) hehe...

Yeah, I can give you a lot of suggestions on good jdoramas...
If you're interested in bakery/pastry, watch Yakitate Japan! It teaches you how to do practical things like baking a cake using rice cooker etc..that's anime tho...but it's a nice one :)
There's also Kuitan (food detective) and My Little Chef...
I haven't watched Bambino..maybe I should ey! :)

Well best of luck! I'm sure you can do it :D

DJ said...

woww I don't know that there are a lot of jdoramas about cooking...thanks for the suggestion i will watch them ^-^