Friday, June 15, 2007

Healing

Last monday I saw a gastrologist. He told me that he wanted to have a procedure called endoscopy done to me. It is a very tiny camera that is inserted to my stomach trhough my throat so that he can see my stomach lining. That way he can detect any inflammation , ulcer, and take a sample of it to see if there is bacteria. I was sooo nervous the night before; I was scared to death. I imagined me opening my mouth and this thing go inside it ewww...plus I had to be fasting from midnight until the test was done which was the next afternoon (good thing I had slow digestion, I was not hungry at all tee hee hee) So it was the time to do it, my mom told me to not worry. Then my nurse said,"What really said was have fun ! But don't get used to it too much ." I smiled but had no idea what she was talking about. I laid down trembling cold so my nurse had to get me three warm blankets. They were very nice and comforting. Then she had a little chat with me and told me that I will be asleep but I will be able to hear everthing and she told me that when the doctor said swallow, I should do it. She also told me that after the procedure, the doctor will talk to me but I should have my mom with me because I might forget what he says. I was like okayy, this is weird, I never have problem with remembering; I don't think. Then suddenly I was awake and everything was done. I did not fell and remember anything. I was sleepy though. But man, my legs felt like normal again. I asked my nurse, "Did I swallow?" "Yupp!!" She said. I then asked her if they gave me pain killer and she nodded too. Then when I met with the doctor I asked him if I could have the pain killer again and he just smiled. Okay, maybe not then. I told my primary doctor about this the day after and she just laughed saying "Of course! It was a tiny dose of narcotics! You don't want too much of that." Hahahaa....everything makes sense now. That's why too I was told not to make important decision 12 hr after the procedure. Oh man, I swear it made my whole body good and made me happy. But I am okay with how I am now too though. My legs are improving although my stomach is still learning to eat again. I am in my healing process and I am very grateful =)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debby,

I was scared when I was reading your story.

Please take care of yourself and never give up. I will always pray for your health.

Cheers!

DJ said...

I am sorry I never mean to scare you. Thank you for your prayer; God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Debby,

the process is not that bad... I've been there once...

Anonymous said...

Deb,

I've always knew you can do it :D
Never give up!!!! Give up is for a loser ^-^
Byee ;p

Anonymous said...

Debby,

The last time i saw you, i don't know i just saw your face glowing..hihi ;) meaning yessss..you are in the process of healing!! You can do it deb...:) sooo glad that you're getting much more better!! see you around! hugs!

Deb Koo said...

Ganbatte ne!!!
J, u're quite lucky, my bro got similar thing when he got an ulcer on his stomach... but he got a big pipe and he was resisting coz he was too scared... the doctor and the nurses were holding him like crazy hehe...

good to see u're recovering... dun give up! u're almost there!!! Go DJ Go DJ!!!

Anonymous said...

A person essentially assist to make significantly posts
I would state. That is the very first time I frequented your
website page and so far? I amazed with the analysis you made to create this particular submit extraordinary.
Magnificent job! ageless male testosterone supplement reviews - ageless male - ageless male